There are certain windows of time where it's a piece of cake to travel with kiddo's and them there are times where it's a huge pain in the ***.
I'm heading to Texas for Christmas and with my 10 month old daughter on the m-o-v-e, I am definitely anxious about the flight home. I did a bit of research recently and came across a few pointers.
While it's different to travel with a baby versus a toddler versus a full blown kid, I would love your input in the comments on what you think makes for an easy travel day.
- Pick the right flight and time depending on their schedule, not yours.
- Maximize your chances of getting an extra seat. Check in early, call ahead of time and be super duper nice, explaining how you are traveling with a baby and are feeling nervous about the flight.
- Electronics are a must. I love this pro-tip and as much as I stress over screen time, I am throwing my arms up and going to give in to whatever it takes to make the flight easier.
- Bring non-electronic entertainment to keep little fingers busy. One of my friends used post-it notes which I plan to pack, along with a variety of new toys she hasn't been introduced to.
- Bring a wide variety of snacks.
- Walk the aisle.
- Don't stress the nap. This one is bit for me because I worry so much about her schedule and nap so I will do my best on the travel day(s) to relax a little.